In the culmination of my self proclaimed Macaron Month, I finally achieved a (almost) fully successful Macaron endeavor! Hooray for me! I only had about 15-20% crackage on this go around, which is far better than the 50% crackage rate of my previous attempts. I followed some helpful tips from my fellow food blogger and KKG Kirsten, tried out a new flavor, and all and all had a successful baking afternoon. Huzzah.
115 grams blanched almond flour
230 grams powdered sugar
144 grams egg whites
72 grams sugar
2 tsp Strawberry Flavoring
1/2 tsp salt
a smidgen of pink gel coloring
Following the same process for the most part as the First Round of Macarons this month, I worked on my meringue, and then folded in my measure almond flour and powder sugar.
Ah. Lovely. I think some of the cracking issue may have been a mixing issue. As in I was undermixing before. So I made sure I got everything well incorporated.
Very focused pregnant baker. Haha. More after the jump.