Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Almond Coconut Sugar cookies

Two very exciting things happened this week. 1) I made up a cookie recipe on the fly that I absolutely LOVE. 2) I got engaged.

So awesome. I went to a DiStefano family party today to say hello to my soon to be family, and knew I should bring something along. SO I decided I'd make some snickerdoodles.

I creamed together my shortening, butter and sugar, and then realized that I didn't have several of the ingredients I needed for snickerdoodles. Crap. I'd already mixed the ingredients, so I decided to just make something up on the fly. I scoured my cupboard and found some Almond extract and Coconut.

Here's what I came up with:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup flake coconut
Since I'd already creamed the butter, I went ahead and added my egg and almond extract, then slowly added the dry ingredients. I rolled out tablespoon sized balls of dough, and then rolled them in a bowl full of coconut.



I baked the cookies at 375 for 9 minutes.

Seriously Delicious. This is a keeper recipe and possibly a new favorite. I couldn't even bring myself to save some cookies for my new fiance. I tried, but I ate them.


Make some. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment