Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Peanut Pie


Yo Peeps! Yesterday I brought some tasty treats over to my mom's house for our Easter dinner. I wanted to try something different than my usual apple or pecan pie, so I decided to give this peanut pie a shot.

So I whipped up a quick pie crust....


And got to work....



Ingredients:

2 eggs, beaten

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

1/3 cup white sugar

1/3 cup light corn syrup

1/3 cup dark corn syrup

1/3 cup butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup salted peanuts



Beat your eggs, then add in your vanilla, corn syrup, peanut butter, sugar and melted butter.



Mix until creamy.



Add in your peanuts....

Pour it all into your pie crust. It smelled delish.



Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes....





Yummmm....



I was pretty happy with this pie! Although, it was very similar to a pecan pie. I thought the peanut butter in the filling would make it more creamy and less gooey. All in all, pretty tasty though! A scoop of vanilla ice cream sealed the deal.


I also made some brownies for sundaes :)



Hope you all had a great Easter!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! peanut butter and chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MmM looks delicious! Hey! I'm having a linky party at my blog called A Themed Baker's Sunday where this week's theme is lemons! If you have any lemon recipes I would love for you to join!!
    Alyssa
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/themed-bakers-sunday-2.html

    ReplyDelete