Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Baking

Happy weekend! Yesterday I whipped up a couple of fun things so I thought I'd share some pictures. My cousin was kind enough to host me and a few other lovely ladies at her house last night to do some wedding-crafty projects and my first hair trial (ahhhhh I'm getting married SO soon! Crazy!)

I was kind of running around all day beforehand, so I just whipped up some quick bites to bring to the party. First up (not a dessert) were some Jamaican style meat pies. Love these....

Basically you cook a filling of beef, onions, scotch bonnet peppers, and yummy seasoning, then plop it in some puff pastry circles.

And Bake! Yum.

On the dessert front, I broke out the cookie press once again....






I tweaked the basic Butter Spritz Recipe by using orange extract instead of vanilla...



Then sprinkled it with some cocoa powder and powdered sugar.




Hope everyone's out enjoying this sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment