Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding Cookie Project sneak peak :)



Hello Blog Friends! I feel the need to once again apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Our wedding is exactly two weeks from today (AH) so I have been very preoccupied. However! as promised, here is a sneak peak at my wedding cookie project. Because it wouldn't be my wedding without cookies.


I'm going with a sugar cookie base, plus a little kick (which I LOVE)


Ingredients:



1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup shortening

3/4 cups sugar

1 egg

1tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking powder

dash salt

2 cups flour
1/3 cup shaved white chocolate






The grating of the white chocolate will be very time consuming. considering I'm making around 200 cookies. HOWEVER it gives the dough a rich, sweet depth that is lacking in your standard sugar cookies. Love this. Seriously I can't stop eating them (woops, wedding diet fail).



Chill your dough for 30 minutes or so after it all comes together.


Cut into desired shape, and bake for 7 minutes (6 if you have a really hot oven)


For the sake of this trial run I bought frosting (gasp) but worry not, I will be making the real thing (royal icing) for the big day. This gel store bought stuff kinda sucked. So the decor work will be prettier day of as well.




And here is your one and only look!



Why am I putting seemingly random numbers on cookies you ask? Well you'll just have to wait until after August 20th to find out :)



In other news, I have been cooking a lot lately (way more than I've been baking unfortunately) and this week I made this yummy little number:

Baked ziti with fresh summer vegetables. Good stuff.

And I did bang out some snickerdoodles for a cookout a few weeks ago....


aaaaaand here's a cute picture of my cat.



Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment