Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cookie Hearts for my Valentine :)


Happy Valentine's Day Blog-Folk! My hubby-to-be and I decided to have a frugal Valentine's this year, due to the wedding planning, but I wanted to do something little and special, like whip up some of his favorite cookies. And make them heart shaped. :) Enter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut heaven.

I rolled out the standard dough, then used cookie cutters to shape the cookies into hearts. They're not the prettiest hearts that ever were....but you get the idea ;)


For the Recipe: http://shan-thecookiemonster.blogspot.com/2010/07/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies.html

I packed up my little hearts in a pretty box, and wrapped them up for my Valentine :)

Note the roses in the background that he sent me at work. Awwiees....
I also made some plain old regular-shaped cookies to share with my co-workers tommorrow :)

In other baking news......Last week I failed miserably at making a lemon cake for my friend Crystal's Birthday. Looks kind of burnt right? But it was liquid in the middle and fell apart. So sad.....

Good thing it's the thought that counts! I think I'll stick to cookies!
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment