Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

GingerBread Madness!


Merry Christmas Season Blog Friends!  Any of you who know me very well will know that Christmas time means primarily one thing for the Buell family: Gingerbread Men. For decades now we have gotten together in one form or another to bake several battalions of the spicy holiday favorite.  I blogged about these in detail last year so I will just share with you a few of the special moments of this years baking marathon....

First up, a photo op:


All the ladies at work (actually, I was just pretending to work for the sake of the photo, really I was fiddling with m&m's):


Minor powdered sugar disaster. Major hilarity:


Jame hard at work:


Decorating, holy hand cramps:


And finally victory!


Afterwards we all had a well deserved beverage of the alcoholic persuasion:


All in all we made upwards of 150 cookies.  Day two of gingerbread madness (yes, there's a day 2) is the week before Christmas, which only calls for around 50.  Thank Goodness.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my post about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!  Can't wait to share the experience!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment