Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Andes Creme de Menthe Biscotti


Happy almost Holidays everyone!  Last week I received a request from the lovely ladies who organized the huge Food Blogger cookie swap for volunteers to bake a batch of cookies for some people who did not receive all of their packages (due to a litany of reasons, flaky bakers, mistyped addresses what have you).  Seeing as this presented another exuce to bake, I happily volunteered!

I didn't have all of the necessary ingredients on hand to recreate the  Dark Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti I initially made for the swap, so I whipped up something very similar, and I think I actually like them better!


Following the exact same process and basic recipe, I subbed in Andes Candy pieces for the chocolate chips, and gave them all a powdered sugar sprinkle instead of a chocolate dip.

Then I wrapped them up and sent them on their way to sunny California.  I hope they make it in one piece!

In other news, I made a really yummy Drunken Venison Stew this weekend.  It's Drunken because there is wine and beer involved.  My kind of Stew.


I also participated in the second day of Gingerbread madness for the season.  We meant to make 60 cookies.  We made 110 instead.  Woops. Extras to the shipping guys at work!


I have some really fun Holiday cookie boxes planned this year, and I'm hoping to get the posts up on Friday or Saturday so stay tuned!  Happy last minute shopping!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment