Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


Oh pregnancy.....a time of insatiable hunger, restless mornings (and nights), and undeniable cravings for fresh baked goods....

Good thing I have all of this stuff handy!


I woke up last Saturday morning at approximately 6:30 AM and I really really really wanted a muffin.  Not a dunkin donuts muffin that was probably sitting on the shelf for a good 48 hours.  I'm talking about the good stuff.  Fortunately, my pantry was stocked with the following:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter
Chocolate chips

Since I was half asleep while making these muffins, I pretty much just threw everything in a bowl and mixed it up with my hand mixer. Not the usual step by step guide, I know, but this was desperation.


After I filled up my regular-sized muffin pan I still had quite a bit of batter left. So I busted out the mini muffin pan as well, topping most of the muffins with a cluster of chocolate chips.

Bake in a 350F oven for 12 minutes (minis) or 25 min (maxis) and enjoy your sweet sweet craving satisfaction in your PJ's, with some coffee.



Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment