Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies


My husband has been squawking as of late regarding the lack of chocolate chip in our lives.  I myself am not a huge chocolate chip cookie fan.  I know, I know, everyone loves them, and I'm a cookie aficionado.  How can that be?  But truly I am usually underwhelmed, so I don't make them all that often.

Until now, I whipped up some simple cookies with chopped up Hershey Bars, making a few changes to my usual "chip" cookie recipe, and man oh man, I couldn't stop eating them!  Maybe pregnancy has cured me of my chocolate chip prejudice.  Or maybe I just love any baked good available at 38 weeks pregnant.  Regardless, these were really good.  Try them.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 egg
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/8 cup flour
2 king sized Hershey bars, roughly chopped.


Mix together your butter and sugar.  Add in the egg and vanilla and finally the dry ingredients.  scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.


Lastly, add in your chocolate. yum.  Roll into bite sized balls and bake at 375F for about 10 minutes.

 
 
 
Yummers.  Good stuff. These bad boys, definitely contributed to this:


Hugeness.  Come on baby.  Mama wants her abs back ;) Until then, cookies it is.

Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment