Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Butterscotch Chip Cookies

We're almost done with this loooooong week! And tonight I was getting ready for an awesome camping weekend out in western Mass by....making some cookies of course! I decided to whip up some butterscotch chip cookies, and MAN did I eat a lot of cookies dough. I'm gonna have to run that off tomorrow Morning!!!!

Ingredients:

3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 bag butterscotch chips

First off, blend together your butter and the two sugars.

Next add in your egg and vanilla.




Followed by....your flour, salt and baking soda. Generally I mix in the baking soda and salt first, then slowly add the flour, just to make sure those first two dry ingredients get mixed evenly into the batter. Now its time for your butterscotch pieces. Make sure to save a few of these babies for yourself!





Mix until JUST blended. your dough should stick to your mixing paddle, like so:



Using a large spoon to keep your measurements equal, roll the cookies into 1 to 2 inch balls (I usually err on the side of BIG).








Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. You'll get a soft, sweet, rich chewy result.





I also whipped up some rice krispie treats for the kiddos who are coming along for the weekend/ (Who am I kidding, they're really for me).








Have a great Holiday weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment