Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Healthy Banana-Oat muffins

Happy almost-Friday everyone! I was home early today and was greeted by some very-ripe bananas when I walked in the door. My first thought was banana bread, but Joe and I have been trying to eat better so I thought I'd try out a healthy muffin recipe.


Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup coconut
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup oats

Time to bust out the new hand blender! This thing was from my cousin Jenn at our shower, it's great for quick recipes that don't quite need the kitchen aid.



Beat the eggs until fluffy, the mix them with the mashed banana. Add in your almond extract. In a separate bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients....



And mix it all around.....



Spoon the batter into lined muffin cups....



I topped these with a mixture of coconut, brown sugar, and quick cooking oats. Largely because that's what I had in the pantry....





Yum.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. These smelled awesome. They taste ok, ya know, "healthy" food. Not up to my usual delicious standards but good for a guilt-free breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment