Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mini Strawberry Crisps

This week at the grocery store I bought this enormous box of strawberries. After putting them in my cereal every morning for five days, this was all the progress I'd made. Hmmmm. Obviously I had to come up with some tasty dessert to use them up. Since Joe always complains that I never bake anything for just him, I thought I'd whip up a couple of strawberry crisps for our Friday night dinner.



First I chopped up the strawberries and added about 1/4 cup of sugar and a tsp of vanilla extract.

Then for the topping, I mixed 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour (wedding diet), 1/4 cup of oats, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.



I used a couple of our new Crate and Barrel ramekins from our Wedding Shower. These things are so cute, and perfect for single serving desserts.



I topped off the strawberries with the crunchy topping.... And then baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes. With berries the bake times are pretty low. If these were apples, I'd probably have extended it another 10 minutes.


Yum! For dinner, I made a veggie and bacon quiche. I'll share some picture, because it was pretty. Although it looked better than it tasted. All in all it was just okay (wedding diet, strikes again). It was super low-calorie though :)






Have a great weekend everyone!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I made the Mini Strawberry Crisps last week. They were easy to make and tasted delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete