Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Chocolate Spritz Cookies


As part of the cookie platter I made for yesterday's card party I made a quick chocolate spritz cookie That turned out pretty well.  It isn't super sweet, so its more like a tea cookie which was perfect for a brunch time event. I only made half of the batch because the whole recipe makes about 40 cookies.  Double the below ingredients to make a full batch.

Ingredients: 1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 an egg  
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup flour

First off as usual, mix together your butter and sugar, and add in your egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth.


Next up, mix in your dry ingredients until just blended. 


Fill up your cookie press with the dough, and start cranking out cookies!  I used a wreath plate to get make tiny chocolate circlets.



Some were prettier than others.  I think my dough was a bit on the sticky side.


Bake for 10 minutes, and cool on a wire rack.  You may want to let the cookies stand on the sheet for a moment, as they are very fragile while hot.


I finished them off with a sprinkle of powder sugar, then it's on to the platter!


Happy Baking!  I've got one more cookie to blog about from the weekend, then I may try to make some kind of biscotti later in the week.  Apparently I've been slacking on sending baked goods in to work with the hubby ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment