Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, May 21, 2012

White Chocolate Coconut Biscotti


Happy Monday!  This weekend I whipped up some biscotti with the remnants of my baking supplies (I have to reload this with).  I came up with another tasty biscotti combination, and this one is sweet, sweet sweet.  Definitely more of a dessert than a breakfast food....

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
dash salt
1 1.2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons almond extract
6 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cups shredded coconut
5 ounces white chocolate, melted


Mix together your dry ingredients, then make a well in the middle of the flour and add in your egg yolks and eggs.  Also add in your extract.  Mix until the flour is moistened.  Then add in your melted butter and mix until combined.  Finally, add in the shredded coconut.


Yum.  Now form the dough into 2 logs.  It will be very crumbly, so your have to knead it a bit to get it in the shape you want.


Then its into the oven at 325F for about 25 minutes. Let cool.

Then slice.....

Place the slices on their side on your baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.  Flip and repeat.

After the slices had cooled complete, I melted down some white chocolate and transferred it into a plastic bag. 


Then I snipped off the corner of the bag, and drizzled the chocolate over the biscottis....


I let these little babies chill in the fridge for a half hour or so to harden up the chocolate. 


And we're done!  Pretty happy with these!  Obviously I'm slightly obsessed with biscotti.  This weekend I'll switch things up a bit for our memorial day festivities with some classics and hopefully a sweet treat that I NEVER make, but often crave: Blondie Bars.  Yum. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment