Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Orange Chocolate Chip Blossoms


Happy almost-long weekend!!! I'm looking forward to sharing in some BBQ festivities over the weekend with some good friends and their kiddos, so naturally I whipped up a few batches of tasty treats!  First up was a new spritz cookies with a little chocolaty touch in the center.


I used the base recipe for my Buttery Spritz cookies, and substituted orange extract for the almond extract.  Although very fragrant, the orange extract doesn't really provide much in the way of orange flavor.  Next time adding some zest will probably be the way to go.


Onto the ungreased, unpapered cookie sheet....some of my little blossoms were prettier than others....


Then into the oven at 400F for about 7 minutes....


And a sprinkle of powdered sugar while they're nice and hot.  Yum.  I really like these cookies, they're not super sweet, and the texture is light and melty....

I also whipped up a batch of the ever-popular White Chocolate Macadamia Nut...


Yum. I'm not supposed to eat raw cookies dough while pregnant, but I must confess I sampled an itty bitty bite of this stuff (woops).


Also on the docket for Memorial Day weekend: some White Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies which I'm really excited about.  Apparently I'm on a white chocolate kick lately.  I'll write up a detailed post at a later date.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! and Happy Baking And/Or Grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment