Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies

On this lazy Saturday afternoon I felt like baking some cookies :) Instead of going out and buying more ingredients, I thought I'd try to make a dent in my current stores, and kinda make something up to use up some random stuff that's been laying around for a while. Mainly oats and walnuts. This is what I came up with:
Indecipherable right? It's a good thing I blog because most of my handwritten recipes are gibberish.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash salt
1.5 cups oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Blend together your better and sugars. then add in your eggs and vanilla. Scape down the sides of the bowls occasionally to keep things even.

Next add in all of your dry ingredients (excluding the oats, nuts, and chocolate chips).
Next add in your oats, mix until well blended. Then finally add in your nuts and chocolate chips.

Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on a lined cookie sheet. bake for 10 minutes at 350.
These are very yummy! The oats and nuts are really the star of the show, it tastes like a more delicious version of a granola bar.

I'm usually not a huge fan of nuts in my baked goods, but I think after my last couple of baking efforts, I may need to revise that opinion.

Enjoy! Happy Baking!








P.S. I added these cookies to a "linky party" on another great baking blog. Check it out for some cool ideas! http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like chocolate to make an oatmeal cookie that much better. These look super good. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" (it will be open until Monday) and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your delicious cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete