Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lemonade Cookies


Today Joe and I went to a birthday party for my soon to be nieces and nephew, Talia, Gianna and Vincenzo. For the party I decided to re-attempt to make the "fruit dream" cookies that I royally screwed up last summer : http://shan-thecookiemonster.blogspot.com/2010/08/cookie-mishaphey-nobodys-perfect.html

This time around however, I decided to use lemonade mix instead of weird strawberry crystal light. It was a good call.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup drink mix
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
colored sugar

Blend together your butter, shortening, sugar and drink mix. Add in your dry ingredients and mix until well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl.

Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes or so until it's easy to handle, then roll it into 1-inch balls. Roll in your colored sugar.


Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, then let cool on a baking sheet.

These came out tangy, sweet and pretty damn yummy! I think they'd be great for a summer picnic. Too bad it’s still February. Wishful thinking I guess!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment