Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Healthy Baking! Banana-Oatmeal Muffins


After my weekend of binge eating and drinking I came home to a bunch of very very ripe bananas. I wanted to put them to use, but didn't want to continue contributing to my own personal mass ;) I decided to try a healthy new muffin recipe, and it actually came out AWESOME. Even my boss had a muffin, and she barely eats ;)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
3/4cup honey
3 mashed ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

first off, blend together the butter and sugar in your mixer.

next, add the eggs, bananas, and honey. mix well, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
Once all the wet stuff is well mixed, add in the dry ingredients, leaving out the oatmeal. I think a little kick of cinnamon would be good in this one too...
Finally, add in the cup of oatmeal and mix until just combined. My office mate Kim suggested adding some nuts next time as well. I'm not a big "nuts in my baked goods" fan, but whatever floats your boat!
Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. let cool and enjoy!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment