Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heath Bar Cookies

If there's one candy I've always loved, it's Heath Bar. So why it's taken me so long to make heath bar cookies, I have no idea. There were part of my Memorial Day Baking Bonanza, and they were well received by all. I got the recipe from the back of a Land 'O Lakes butter box. :)





Ingredients:

1 Cup (Land 'O Lakes) Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 8 ounce bag of Heath Bar toffee bits


Cream together the butter and sugar, then add in the eggs and vanilla. scrape down bowl occasionally until well combined. Then measure out your dry ingredients.


Once you add those in, mix the batter until it is smooth and even, but don't over mix it, or it will become tough. Next, add in the Heath Bar.


Mix just until the yumminess is worked through the dough, then roll the cookies into heaping tablespoon sized balls.






Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, I always err on the lower side for bake times, you can always leave them in for another minute or two...





And there you have it! let them cool for a minute or so before moving them. or don't and eat all the broken ones ;)


Check that baby out huh? Try to avoid dropping them on the rug.



Woopsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment