Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Triple Chocolate Biscotti

Christmas = Baking madness in my household Today I made the following: three types of cookies, two other desserts, a TON of Green beans and baked butternut squash....
The Kitchen is a war Zone.

Here's the recipe for my triple chocolate Biscotti:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Blend together the butter, sugar, cocoa and baking powder as shown above :)

Add in your eggs....

Then blend in all of your flour, followed by the chocolate yumminess....

Form the dough into 2 9 inch logs. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Let the logs completely cool before starting to slice... I took this opportunity to start my gingerbread snowflake cookies (a post I will write at a later date...)

oh, and I did 2 batches of these guys.,...

Once cool, slice the logs diagonally, forming your biscotti :)

Line em back up on the cookie sheet, reduce the oven temp to 325, and bake for 7 minutes on each side....
Delish. These were really good warm with all the melty goey chocolate...

Then I wrapped them up for their final destination....my annual cookie gift boxes! (finished product to be blogged at a later date)


Now I'm off to run around like a crazy person!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment