Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Baking: Rice Krispie Wreaths


Merry Almost Christmas!  Today was my annual bakepalooza day where I made 5 different kinds of cookies for both a cookie platter headed to our Buell Family Christmas Eve party and also Cookie gift boxes that I've been giving out to friends and family the last couple of years.  I will Share the recipes for each of the cookies above, but for now I'll star with the Rice Krispie Wreaths.

Following the same basic recipe I've used in the past, I basically just added TONS of green food coloring to the melted Marshmallow and Butter.


Then I folded the green stuff into the awaiting rice krispies....


Then I shaped the ooey goey mess into little wreaths, like so...



Then it was time to decorate them with little bows.  I didn't have an gel food coloring (fail) so I used regular red food coloring, which really just gave me pink frosting.  But hey, I like pink.  I went with it...


I also made the anise biscotti that was such a big hit a few months back to add to the cookie boxes....


Recipes to come: Confetti Sugar cookies, Coffee Snaps, and (brace yourself) Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies!  I'll get the recipes up as soon as I can!  Everyone have a fabulous holiday, enjoy, relax and be safe!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment