Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anise Biscotti

Happy Hump Day blog friends.  Last night I whipped up some anise biscotti to send into work with my husband.  Apparently I have been slacking on providing the family biz with baked goods, so I thought these would be right up their alley.  I enjoyed one this morning with my coffee.  I'm not gonna lie they were pretty delish.

I got the recipe off of one of my favorite sites for new cooking ideas, allrecipes.com.  The only changes I made were 1) I didn't add almonds. 2) I baked them on parchment paper and not foil. and 30 I sprinkled them with some powdered sugar at the end, because who doesn't love powdered sugar.










First off, I mixed together the softened butter and sugar.  Then it was time to add the eggs, one at a time, making sure the egg was totally mixed in before adding the next.  Add in your extracts next. (I actually made a fourth change I am just now remembering) Change 4:  I added 2 teaspoons of anise extract instead of 1.  I like the smell.


Very sticky, but Very yummy dough.

Form your dough into 2 3x10 inch logs.  They look smaller than you would think, but they will expand as they bake.

Bake at 300 degrees for 35 minutes.


Let the logs cool, then slice diagonally to form your biscotti.

Crank up your oven to 325 and bake the slices flat side down for 10 minutes.
Flip and repeat.  I actually only let them go for 8 minutes the second time around because they were already browning nicely.


If you choose to sprinkle with powdered sugar, do so while they are still hot.  This will make the sugar stick more easily to the cookie.  You could also dip these in chocolate to make them more dessert-ish.  That was actually my original plan but I didn't have enough chocolate in-house, and I was too lazy to go to the store.


These were a huge hit!  It's only 10 AM and I've already gotten good feedback from the Fam ;) Definitely give these a shot, they're super easy, even though they're a bit more time consuming than your average cookie.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment