Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been throwing out a lot of bananas lately and was feeling bad about it, so I decided I would save the two over-ripe fellows I found sitting on the counter this morning from such a dismal, wasted fate.  There's only so much banana bread one can make in a lifetime, so I decided to look up a quick recipe for Banana Cookies. 

I followed the recipe pretty closely but made a few changes.  I reduced the flour by a quarter of a cup, omitted the nuts and added chocolate chips instead.  Also, I lowered the oven temperature to 375, which I actually think was still too hot.  I had a couple of burn victims.  I'd suggest a bake time of 13 minutes at 375, or maybe 15 minutes at 350.


I was too lazy to bust out my Kitchen Aid today, so I went ahead and used my little hand mixer which worked just fine.  I was also too lazy to bust out my real camera.  iPhone photos it is.  Apologies.  It's a lazy kind of day.


When I pulled these out I thought they looked a little too dark/burny, so I decided to use a quick fix for not-so-pretty cookies: drizzled glaze.  Works like a charm, I'm telling ya.  And all you need is a cup of powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla and a few tablespoons of cold water....


Ah, much better.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment