Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Strawberry Tart


Happy Easter!  Today Joe and I had the pleasure of hosting our moms and my sister for an Easter Ham dinner.  Of course I wanted to have a dessert to go along with it, and thought I'd try to wing something based on a lovely photo I saw on pinterest.

That recipe is for a strawberry tart on top of a frozen puff pastry sheet.  Since I tend to be a "made-from-scratch" snob, I thought I would use one of my favorite sugar cookie dough recipes for the pastry, then layer sugared strawberries on top for the "tart" appearance.  All in all it was very tasty!


Ingredients:

for the crust:
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
2 cups flour
zest of one orange
For the Topping:
Sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shaved white chocolate
pinch salt


I rolled out the dough into a large circular type shape, and cut the edge with a scallop pastry tool to make it a bit fancier looking....


I threw together the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl, and went to work arranging them on my crust.

Ready to bake!

Into the oven for around 15 minutes, or until the crust becomes a golden brown....


I was pretty happy with the results!  We paired it with a scoop of homemade cinnamon ice cream, and we were happily full after a nice Easter feast.


I hope everyone had a lovely Holiday!  Back to work tomorrow, Boo!  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment