Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yummy, Easy, Corn Muffins


Greetings weekenders!  I hope you're all getting ready to celebrate a nice Easter Holiday with Family and friends.  This morning I was baking up some desserts for tomorrow's festivities, when an unmistakable Corn Muffin Craving Came over me.  Probably because I saw the unopened bag of cornmeal sitting in my pantry.


A quick visit to Allrecipes.com and I came up with a simple, quick recipe for sweet corn muffins.  I was but 40 minutes away from Corn Muffin Bliss.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk, divided

I actually halved this recipe since I was baking these for my hungry muffin-craving self, and figured I really did not need a whole dozen muffins....  I came up with a perfect 6.

First up, mix together all your dry ingredients.  Easy peasy.


Then add in your egg, Shortening and half of your milk.  Mix until well blended, then add in the remaining milk and mix until just combined.


Then its into the muffin tray, lined with paper muffin cups. Sprinkle with a little extra sugar if you'd like....


Then into the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the muffins pass the toothpick test.


Yum.

Craving Satisfied.  Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment