Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Butterscotch White Chocolate Blondies


Happy Memorial Day folks!  To round out my baking contributions for our annual camping weekend, I decided to make something I've actually never made before: blondies.  I actually love these sweet treats so its relatively ridiculous that its taken me so long to make them.  I was not disappointed.


I decided to go with a well reviewed recipe from allrecipes.com, but made a few minor changes along the way.  Here is my version of the ingredients:

3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup salted butter
2 1/13 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Melt the butter over low heat, then whisk in the brown sugar until it has dissolved completely.  In a separate bowl, sift together all your dry ingredients.



Remove the butter/sugar mixture from the heat, and let it cool a bit.  then whisk in the eggs one at a time.  Once you've got that all mixed up, add the mixture in with the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.

Then it's time to fold in your chips....


Yum.  Then it's time to pour your batter into a greased 13x9 baking dish.  Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.



These smelled sooooo yummy when they came out of the over.  BUT word to the wise, let these cool completely before attempting to slice.  they will be very soft and gooey.  Unless you're not planning on serving them to anyone but yourself, then by all means, scoop out some of the gooey yumminess and add some vanilla ice cream.  De-Lish.


These were very well received by my fellow campers, I'll definitely make them again! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment