Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A New Oven, and a Thank You!


Big news straight out of my kitchen!  Thanks to the huge generosity of Joe's Auntie Debbie, we are the proud owners of a much newer, much nicer Oven!  Woohoo!  And you know what that means, dear blog friends: More, bigger, and better cookies.


Ta-da!  For the maiden voyage, I thought it was only fitting to make some Thank You cookies for Auntie Deb.  I went for some classic chocolate chip cookies, which I don't make often enough, I think.


Using my Go To Chip-Cookie recipe, I whipped up a batch, and admired them, as they baked, through the little viewing window....wow....this is a big step up from our 1970's clunker of yesteryear....

oooooh, ahhhhh


A new era of cookie baking has begun! 


Thanks Auntie Debbie!


No comments:

Post a Comment