Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread!

Happy November Blog friends!  Even though it has been kind of beautiful here in (sunny?) Massachusetts for the last week, I can't help but bake yummy fall-winter stuff now that it's November.  This week I whipped up a Pumpkin Gingerbread, which was actually pretty tasty, and didn't last very long in our house. (About 2 days actually, and we didn't share).

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened (half melted actually)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 can of pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

As per the usual process, mix together your wet ingredients first, until they are nice and smoothly blended.  Then add in your spices, baking powder, salt, and finally the flour, a little bit at a time.



Next up, pour your batter into a greased bread pan.  I actually opted for a different approach, and lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, while greasing the sides.  The bread slid right out after baking.  Super easy. I heart parchment paper.



Top it off with a little brown sugar if you are so inclined.  I always am.

Bake at 350 for about an hour....



Yum!  Eat it for breakfast, eat it for dessert, but believe me....you will eat it!

Coming up: a few sample cookies for some upcoming hired cookie-projects.  Sure it's mostly (erm...totally) my friends hiring me....but I'm still pretty pumped about it.

Happy baking!

1 comment: