Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Home Alone


What do I do when I'm home alone and the Hubby is hunting?

Cook healthy dinner....


Online Christmas shop....


And bake myself cookies.  Naturally.


I had some extra dough leftover from my reunion cookie trial run, so after eating lots of veggies for dinner, I decided I'd ruin my diet and whip up some impromptu creations.  They were very yummy.  I made little sugar cookie braids and a couple of jam thumbprint cookies.  De-lish.

In other news, I signed up today to participate in a nationwide Cookie Swap going on at the beginning of December.  Basically I will be sending cookies to 3 other food-baking bloggers, and will receive cookies from 3 others.  It's a very cool way to get new ideas, appreciate other people's blogging efforts, and of course its a great excuse to bake. 

I'll definitely be sharing what I come up with!  along with what I receive from other bakers!  I can't wait!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment