Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Clipped Greetings Cookie Platter



Happy Sunday!  Today I had the pleasure of attending a "Card Party" held by my dear friend Kyle and her company Clipped Greetings.  She suggested over a few beverages that I bake some cookies for the occasion, and bring along some business cards to promote my blog.  Seeing as I did not have any business cards, I slapped some stickers on some cute card stock, and got to baking up some tasty treats....


I wanted to make some personalized cookies to showcase the "Favor" type baking I've been doing lately, so I used my trusty old white-chocolate sugar recipe and my lettering cookie cutter to come up with some brand-name cookies. 
  









Then I whipped up some Royal Icing to do a bit of light decorating.



I came up with a few swirl patterns, a couple of flowers, and one pair of scissors that looks suspiciously like a lop-sided flower, but close right?



 I also made some Gingersnaps and some chocolate spritz cookies to complete my platter, those recipes will be up in the next couple of days....




 Ta-Da! 


After I had them all wrapped up for the trip, I noticed I'd broken one of the sugar cookies without even walking out the door.  Sigh.  Cookie-transportation is by far the most stressful part of baking.

Stay tuned for a bunch of new posts this week (and probably one more today!) It's been a busy baking weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment