Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies


Happy Friday everyone!  I am working from home today while I wait for Bernie and Phyll's to deliver our new dining room set (just in time for Thanksgiving).  Joe is once again headed out for the weekend with a bunch of guys to hunt, so I thought I would whip up some cookies while I was sitting around, staring at my empty dining room.


I took stock of my cupboard supplies and came up with these.  Pretty tasty if I say so myself :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
dash salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup flour


Mix together your butter and sugar, then the peanut butter until nice and creamy.


Add in your egg and vanilla, mix, and then its time for the cocoa.  At this point, it will start to smell like chocolate peanut butter fudge.  yum.


Add in your flour a little at a time, and you'll get a tasty ball of goodness.  Then its time to roll the cookies in sugar and get them on the baking sheet.

I don't know why people always do the little fork indentations in peanut butter cookies but, who am I to judge, I went along with the crowd.

Bake at 375 for 11-12 minutes.  I did 12 and I actually think I went a little long.....

Delish :)

Stay tuned for thanksgiving posts next week!  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment