Welcome to The Cookie Monster, a blog about the most marvelous, versatile, and beloved bakeable item in the land: The cookie. You may see occassional forays into pies, bars, and other sweet treats, but my main focus is and has always been on the bite sized genius behind my very favorite snack. Happy Baking!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Mini Muffins


Greeting bloggers!  This weekend I am tasked with painting our newly gutted and re-built bathroom so that the floor, vanity, toilet etc... can be installed in the next week or so.  I suckered my darling sister into coming to help me paint, so I thought it was only fair that I bake some yummy treats to go with our coffee as we work....


I've recently joined Pinterest (and I'm obsessed) and this awesome recipe from a very cool blog called "The Kitchn" was one of the first "Repins" I posted on my recipe board.  I love lemons.  I love blueberries.  And I love mini muffins because they make me feel better about myself because they're so small (when really it doesn't matter if you eat 8 of them instead of 1 big muffin, but hey, leave me to my fantasies).


First off, I mixed together the dry ingredients, including the fresh lemon zest.  I LOVE fresh citrus zest.  The process is annoying, yes, but the pay off is HUGE.  So fragrant and yummy smelling.


Then its time to mix up the wet ingredients.  Give them a quick whisk to combine, and then pour them in with the dry ingredients.  And add the yummy berries.


Pour your batter into a mini muffin pan that's been greased somehow ( I just used cooking spray...)


Then it's into the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.....


Yummers.


All in all I like these little guys!  I think it would work better to make them when blueberries are really in season, and you can find the itty bitty berries in the grocery store.  My berries were somewhat humongous so when you bite into these the entire muffin is a melty berry.  Its almost like having a jam filling.  Tasty though!

Ok, enough procrastinating.  Time to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment